Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Wind Waker Sea Chart

Wind Waker Sea Chart

So, as you may or may not know... the very first Let's Play project that I did on Bladesofgaming was none other than the amazingly awesomeThe Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Shameless plugs aside, I have a little white board inside my room which I can use to write, draw, etc on (you know... like you do with whiteboards). So, recently I've been looking at it a lot and thinking of erasing it, so something new can be put up on it. However, I feel a little bit bad for erasing its existence completely, so as a compromise to myself, I decided to photograph it and post it up here on the blog! Yay! So, if you'd like to see the little guide I used to keep track of everything in that particular LP, then hit the jump!


Alex's Wind Waker Sea Chart

Yep! That's it! On this map, I marked all of the special occurrences (like Big Octos, Platforms, Blue Chus, etc) as well as icons for treasure charts and exploring the island. What I did with this is whenever I completed a task in the LP, I'd draw a line through the icon for that square. So, if I dug up the treasure chart chest from Greatfish Isle's square, then I would mark off the "T" for that square. I did this for every square, so I felt that it was a shame to just erase it and only leave it to my crappy memory. Also, if you notice that the Tower of the God's "E" isn't crossed off, that's because I only marked off the "E" when I've explored the island sufficiently enough that I wouldn't ever have to go back to that island again. Since that's the square where the game ends on, I didn't bother marking it off! Laziness defeats me again!

So, the video for this post shall be something fitting! It's the Molgera theme in the game! It's one of the best songs in the game IMO (although they're all good), so it'll be nice to listen to! Thanks so much for reading!


2 comments:

  1. Thats pretty crazy really, I should of thought of something like that, instead I ended up using some strategy guide map I used that came with the game. Didn't come with a list of stuff on it so I found myself double or even triple checking islands in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real sea chart! you sir, have dedication!

    ReplyDelete